2020 CORE PROTOCOLS
All CDC, Maryland, and Prince George’s County guidance applies (e.g., distancing, masks, self-screening for COVID-19 symptoms, etc.). In ADDITION to CDC, Maryland, and PG County guidance, CSRC adopts the following operating protocols/policies for the 2020 season:
1. Maintain appropriate social distance on grounds and in water (six feet). Wear masks during arrival/departure, to bathrooms, and in close proximity situations on grounds. No masks in the water. No shared swim gear (goggles, swim masks, nose plugs) outside of a household unit.
2. Families are responsible for implementing, and supervising/enforcing their family’s conduct, to adhere to CDC, Maryland, and PG County guidance AT ALL TIMES, especially in the water.
a. Lifeguards will NOT enforce distancing in the water or pool deck except in cases of misconduct (i.e., will treat extreme cases similar to running/horseplay).
b. Other staff will help members implement distancing requirements (i.e., check-in, club grounds).
c. Repeated warnings or egregious violations of any of the above special rules (as well as any pool rule) are cause for us to ask the swimmer/member to leave the water or grounds. Pool management/leadership will keep track of these instances, and repeat offenders may jeopardize their access privileges for the entire season with no refund or credit.
3. A parent, guardian, or registered child care provider over the age of 18, must be present for the entire time that any member under the age of 18 is on the premises, and actively supervise their child(ren) or minors in their care. No “drop off” of minors. Members may bring other member children (please make a reservation!).
4. Snack bar closed, but members may bring food and picnic every day on the grounds! We’ve moved the snack bar tables to accommodate social distancing. Do not move the tables, please! Friday happy hours continue (i.e., BYOB alcohol). NO GLASS ANYWHERE, ANYTIME!
5. Playground closed per state and county guidance.
6. Volleyball courts, basketball courts, and putting green will be available for use at your own risk.
7. CSRC not loaning equipment (i.e., kickboards, tennis racquets, shuffleboard, ping-pong). Members may bring their own ground gaming equipment or kickboard for lap swimming.
8. Chairs/Loungers - we will rinse no less frequently than daily with bleach water. Members may bring their own chair(s) or use the pool’s chairs at their own risk.
9. Bathhouse - for the use of toilets and sinks and changing diapers. No showers or changing clothes.
10. Early morning swim/lap swim 6-9 am (until July 6), 6-7:30am July 6-July 27. Hours after July 27 to be announced later. We will reserve a lane of the regular pool for aqua jogging/walking every weekday from 12-4 pm.
11. Tennis open - follow USTA recommendations for safe play. No reservation required for tennis only. Ok to bring a guest for tennis only (no charge).
12. No guests or parties.